7 Simple Ways on How To Take a Screenshot On Mac
How To Take a Screenshot On Mac
Screenshots are an essential part of using a Mac computer, and there are various ways to take them. You can use the built-in screen capture tools in macOS or a screenshot app for more advanced features. Here are some ways to take screenshots on your Mac.
- Use keyboard shortcuts: Taking a screenshot with a keyboard shortcut is one of the easiest ways to capture your screen. Press the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + 3 to capture the entire screen or Command + Shift + 4 to capture a specific area of the screen. To capture a specific window, use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + 4 + Spacebar.
- Use the Preview app: Another simple way to take screenshots is by using the Preview app. Open the app, go to the File menu, and select “Take Screenshot.” You can choose to capture the entire screen, a window, or a specific area.
- Use the Touch Bar: If your Mac has a Touch Bar, you can use it to take a screenshot. Tap the Screen Capture button on the Touch Bar, and you will see options for capturing the entire screen, a window, or a specific area.
- Use the screen recording feature: If you need to record a video of your screen, you can use the built-in screen recording feature in macOS. Press and hold the Command + Shift + 5 shortcut to access the screen capture options, and select “Record Selected Portion” or “Record Entire Screen.”
- Use the clipboard: You can also take a screenshot and save it to the clipboard by using the Command + Control + Shift + 3 or Command + Control + Shift + 4 keyboard shortcuts. This is useful if you want to paste the screenshot into an image editing program or document.
- Use the thumbnail feature: In macOS Mojave or later, you can use the thumbnail feature to quickly edit and save your screenshots. After taking a screenshot, a thumbnail of the image will appear in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Click on it to open the screenshot in the Preview app, where you can make edits and save it.
- Use the trackpad or pointer: If you’re using a MacBook or a Mac with a trackpad, you can use the trackpad to take a screenshot. Press and hold the Command key and tap the trackpad with three fingers to take a screenshot of the entire screen. Alternatively, you can use the pointer to capture a specific area of the screen.
In conclusion, there are various ways to take screenshots on a Mac computer. You can use keyboard shortcuts, the Preview app, the Touch Bar, the screen recording feature, the clipboard, the thumbnail feature, or the trackpad or pointer. Try out these different methods and find the one that works best for you.