How to Make Fried Rice
Are you tired of eating plain rice every day and looking for a way to spice it up? Fried rice is a delicious and easy way to transform your boring rice into a flavorful and satisfying meal. Not only is it tasty, but it’s also a great way to use up leftover rice and vegetables in your fridge.
To make the best fried rice, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup of diced vegetables (such as carrots, peas, bell peppers, or broccoli)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 beaten eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make the perfect fried rice:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onions and vegetables, and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked.
- Mix the cooked rice into the skillet with the vegetables and eggs.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Fried rice is a versatile dish that can be customized to your preferences. Feel free to add in your favorite proteins, such as diced chicken, shrimp, or tofu. You can also swap out the vegetables for any other diced veggies you have on hand. The key to making the perfect fried rice is to make sure everything is evenly coated in the soy sauce and cooked to your desired tenderness.
Not only is fried rice a tasty and easy meal, but it’s also a great way to use up leftovers and reduce food waste. So next time you’re wondering what to do with that leftover rice, give this recipe a try and elevate your boring rice into a delicious and satisfying meal.