Deviled eggs are a popular appetizer that are easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make deviled eggs:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Boil the eggs: Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and cover the saucepan with a lid. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the eggs: After the eggs have finished cooking, transfer them to a bowl of ice water to cool. Let them sit for 5 minutes before peeling.
- Peel the eggs: Gently tap the eggs on a hard surface to crack the shell, then carefully peel the shell off. Rinse the peeled eggs under cold water to remove any remaining shell fragments.
- Cut the eggs: Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, and remove the yolks with a spoon. Place the yolks in a small bowl and set the egg white halves on a plate.
- Make the filling: Mash the egg yolks with a fork until they are crumbly. Add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, salt, and black pepper to the bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Fill the eggs: Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves, dividing the filling evenly between them. You can use a piping bag or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off to make the filling look more decorative.
- Garnish the eggs: Sprinkle paprika over the top of each egg half for a finishing touch.
- Chill the eggs: Cover the plate of deviled eggs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
That’s it! Now you know how to make delicious deviled eggs. Enjoy!